Friday, October 8, 2010

The one week point...

I am now at the one-week point of being retired, and I must say that it is still a bit spooky waking up in the morning and not having a job. Strange after all these years, indeed. I accompanied my wife to a store, and out to lunch Monday, and it did seem a bit creepy, being Monday. Today, I did a doctor appointment and did not have to bolt to the office afterward, so more creepiness. This afternoon, I was tinkering with the Elite motorscooter, and thinking about three things I want to do tomorrow, and was mentally planning the logistics for getting it all done tomorrow, being Saturday, and having some energy remaining. I vocalized this to Sandy, who said “don't push it. Just do the lights Monday”. Threw me off for a moment.
So far, my long-suffering wife seems happy to have me here, but that may or may not wear off. I have been trying to assemble a list of Things To Do, but it keeps growing and becoming disorganized, so I will just have to start something and let the rest come as it may. One of the big projects is to collect all my tools together and organize them. This is complicated by having to shovel out the basement first, which will *really* be a job. I will be on a first-name basis with the folks at the landfill and the thrift store.
So we will get up in the morning and go at the Saturday thing, and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment