Friday, December 9, 2011

Still recovering, and feeling useless...

Even more "excitement" - I had a spell of reduced heart function, apparently because of the illnesses, and the Edema Fairie set in on me. I looked much like the Michelin Man for a few days, until the industrial-strength dieuretics got me back to normal. And no, I have not been scooter-riding, or going much of anywhere - when I was all "swole up" (southern medical term) I did not have the sense to remove my prosthetic foots, and kept wearing them during the day, such that the stumps were very tight in the sockets, and I now am healing up pressure sores and abrasions on the stumps, and I have not been able to wear the fake foots for about the last month, and have been largely immobile. I have made it out of the house for a few things, but traveling is a chore, and exhausting.
Anyway, enough complaining. I am building a do-list which gets longer by the day, so I expect to be quite busy for who knows how how long. On the scooters alone, I have to change out the tires on the trike, and replace all the coolant hoses on the Elite, plus general housekeeping on all three. Here in the house, I am attacking things a room at the time, mostly cleaning and organizing, to reduce the junkies. The beat goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment