Monday, September 20, 2010

Having scooter fun again!

May 3, 2009
I had almost forgotten how much fun it is!  I just returned from the ninth annual Cheaha Mountain ride-in with the Valkyrie Riders Cruiser Club.  Over 100 folks from 14 states and Canada, and a bunch of folks I only see once a year.  Good folks, good food, good riding, good fun.  I was on the little scooter, as I don’t have the "sea legs" for the Silver Wing yet, but nobody seemed to mind.  I managed to avoid the bad weather all weekend, until I arrived home a little while ago, just in time for the tornado sirens.  I am glad I made it home dry, but I feel for some of the folks who have to ride home through this crappy weather.  Everyone ride safe.
We apparently got away from the mountain just in time; I am home safe and dry, but there are 3 tornado warnings out now, and it is raining like crazy, with occasional pea-sized hail, and 40+ mph wind gusts.  And I have to go back to work tomorrow.  Real life crashes in…

No comments:

Post a Comment